Eating healthy is almost synonymous to staying healthy. Almost 80 percent of the positive effects you reap from a wholesome lifestyle can be attributed to a balanced and nutritious diet, with the remaining 20 percent coming from exercise.
Courtesy of Mercola.com
Unfortunately, most Americans are uninformed about what actually constitutes healthy eating. In a poll of more than 1,200 American adults, nearly 90 percent said their diet was either “somewhat,” “very,” or “extremely” healthy. However, 43 percent of the survey respondents said they drank at least one sugary soda or sweetened drink every day. A third of the respondents also said they were at an ideal weight, when they actually were overweight or obese.
It’s hard to get anywhere near your wellness goals if you’re misinformed about what foods are truly healthy.
I believe that one key aspect of eating well is ditching highly processed, fast food meals, and opting for fresh, whole, locally grown foods – organic as much as possible – packed with valuable vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients. An excellent example of this would be superfoods.
What Are Superfoods?
The term “superfood” was first coined in 2004 by Dr. Steven Pratt, author of Superfoods Rx: Fourteen Foods That Will Change Your Life. According to Dr. Pratt, superfoods should meet these qualifications:
- They should be readily available.
- They should contain essential nutrients known to enhance longevity.
- They should have health benefits supported by peer-reviewed, scientific studies.
7 Delicious Secrets for a Longer and Healthier Life
In my special infographic 7 Superb Superfoods to Power Up Your Life, I’ve listed seven of my favorite superfoods to help you live your life to the fullest – and healthiest!
Using this guide that details what you need to know about some of the best foods on the planet, find out what makes these superfoods a cut above the rest.
This infographic contains:
- Historical tidbits on how these superfoods were used by our ancestors
- Fun facts about their scientific names and origins
- A broad list of their nutritional content and the many unbelievable health perks they provide
- Quick tips on how you can incorporate them in your everyday meals
Give your diet a healthy makeover, and share this information with your friends and family today!